Province of Piacenza. Welcome to the Official Tourist Information SiteScudo Piacenza

ALSENO

Description
First documental evidence of its existence dates back to 1180, when Piacenzas inhabitants built a fortress to protect themselves from Parma. The fortress was destroyed and rebuilt several times. The area became a fief of the Landis, who alternatively owned the castle until the 19th century, when the Sforza Foglianis became the new owners. At the beginning of the 20th century duchess Clelia Sforza Fogliani bequeathed it the Council to have it transformed into kindergarten. The economy of this area is based upon agriculture, preserved food industry and mechancal industry .
Altitude
81 mt.
Population
4.718 (2017)
Telephone
+39.0523.945511 (Comune di Alseno)
Information Office
Last update
13 February 2019
News and information edited by the Tourist Information Office of the Municipalities of Bobbio, Borgonovo V.T., Castell'Arquato, Piacenza and Vigolzone