Добро пожаловать на официальный туристический инфосайт Провинции ПьяченцаScudo Piacenza

ELEONORA DUSE THEATRE

via XX Settembre 38
Описание
Built in 1827 from the oratory annexed to the convent of Terziarie Francescane, this theatre presents a neoclassical façade with three doors. On the first floor three windows are separated by lesenes, the timpano is decorated with neoclassical motifs showing the city crest in the middle. The hall is decorated with Renaissance-style grotesque motifs, and a stone staircase leads to the second floor. The room is shaped like a horseshoe, with two floors of seats and a fake upper floor decorated with wreaths.
The theatre was inaugurated in 1827 with the opera "Edoardo e Cristina" by Gioacchino Rossini. By the same composer, "Tancredi" (1828) and "Cenerentola" (1830) followed shortly after. Following restoration works, the theatre was dedicated to the famous actress Eleonora Duse, who performed here in 1868-1869. The theatre remained unused between 1945 and 1975.

Eleonora Duse theatre was recently restored thanks to the support of Emilia Romagna region. Now it can house a larger audience and is open for theatrical performances, conferences, meetings and cultural events.
Дата последнего обновления
Понедельник, 03 Апреля 2017
Информация подготовлена Службой информации и туризма муниципалитетов Боббьо, Боргоново В.Т., Кастелль-Аркуато, Пьяченцы и Вигольцоне.